What’s in a name? To put it bluntly – everything! It’s your main identity for life and the way people remember you. The same also holds true for having an easily identifiable, memorable domain name or URL.
It’s simple, is hardly any work, you can do it yourself or get us to set you up with a well thought out, researched fantastic one that will bring you in new customers and aid in your SEO rankings. Here are the top reasons and also a few hot tips for why having a custom domain for your business will boost business and your income:
- Rank higher in searches. Having a domain name or URL related to your industry can help you rank higher for searches and Google rankings.
- Keeps your business top of mind. A custom domain name makes it easier for your customers to find you when they want to grab that awesome service or product of yours they’ve heard about from a friend. Typing your company’s name into a search engine is far easier than having to remember a long, specific url name. One big tip – keep your business name and domain name the same or customers get confused! I had a customer who contacted Hot Digital to be their website designer in Adelaide who’s business name for over 10 years had been “Northern Conveyancing” yet their domain name was “northernconvey.com”. This is too confusing for customers to find so they give up. A consistent, easily identifiable url ensures your customers back in the future too, as they’ll find it much easier to remember the location of your online store.
- It is better for SEO. Your search rankings eg google and bing rankings, and the links to your website are all tied to your domain so it makes it imperative to own your own domain.
- Establishes your brand. A domain name instantly gives your business credibility, and it tells clients that you are here to stay.
- Customers expect you to have your own domain. It’s a sign of professionalism – these days customers will expect your store to have a custom URL.
Use Hot Digital to create your online store! All of your features – None of the hassle!